Summer Recipe: Dalewood Camembert with Pesto and Nuts
- 1 x 250g round Dalewood Chef’s or Traditional Camembert
- 15 mL (1 tbsp) lightly roasted pine nuts or toasted flaked almonds
- 30 mL (2 tbsp) Pesto Princess Basil Pesto
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 30 mL (2 tbsp) olive oil
- 15 mL (1 tbsp) butter
- 30 mL (2 tbsp) fresh basil, chopped
- Freshly ground pepper
- 12 slices of baguette bread cut on the diagonal
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and halved
- Preheat oven to 180 °C.
- Caramelize onions on medium heat in butter and 15 mL (1 tbsp) olive oil, 5 to 8 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Place cheese in a Dalewood Camembert Baker / an ovenproof dish, slightly larger than the round of Camembert, and spread with pesto. Garnish with caramelized onions and pine nuts. Pepper to taste. Bake in the middle of the oven about 15 – 20 minutes or until cheese is soft.
- Meanwhile, rub each slice of bread with the cut side of the garlic clove. Brush slices with the rest of the olive oil. Place in oven and grill 5 to 10 minutes, until golden. Set aside.
- Remove cheese from oven, add basil and serve with toasted baguette.